Do you know a student who might like to paddle with the Sojourn? We might be able to make that happen!
What is the Youth Paddle Program?
Each year, the Delaware River Sojourn provides funding for a limited number of youth teams to join us on the river. Funding is contingent on grant availability and may vary year to year. A funded team includes 5 students (over 12 years old and less than 18), plus one leader. The leader must be a teacher or scout leader.
Youth Paddle Program Flyer (click to view)
What will the Sojourn Provide?
- Kayaks or Rafts (depending on river conditions)
- Life Jackets and Paddles
- Educational Programming
What do You Need to Bring?
- Your sense of adventure!
- Sleeping bag, tent, camp chair, etc.
- Clothes/shoes suitable for wearing on the river and for outdoor conditions
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, bug spray, water bottle, etc.
Want to Learn More?
- Teachers! If you are interested in checking out the Sojourn yourself before bringing students on, please email Lou Metzger at the above email address.